Thursday, September 4, 2008

EGG EGG EGG EGG EGG EGG EGG EGG EGG EGG EGG EGG EGG EGG EGG EGG EGG EGG EGG EGG EGG EGG EGG EGG EGG EGG EGG EGG EGG EGG EGG EGG EGG EGG EGG EGG EGG


Ahh, delightful. Fantastic egg time. So. This egg...it doesn't have a name. Egg. Eggy, Egg McEggerson, Eggs McKenzie. Whatever you want to call it. On it's journey home, it sat in my hat, and then once it's destination was reached, it continued to sit. It sat, and sat, and sat. It did, however, replace a terribly decorated pysanka in the egg cradle I had made. That's right. You heard me, egg cradle. >:|
Now that it got to do some sitting and serious thinking about life and what it had done wrong, I decided to try and do something with it 3 days before class. I WANTED TO BURN IT. BURN IT ALIIIIIVE. So, I decided to do an experiment. My art teacher back in high school used to be really into Pagan culture, so I went to Pagan pride one year and had bought some Black Cat Oil from her stand. I thought it smelled pretty. For those who don't know what it is:
"Metaphysical lore: Sprinkle it at all entrances, doors, and windows to the home so negative entities will be unable to enter. Worn as a perfume, assures only favorable circumstances and friendly encounters."

Sounds like a bunch of BS, right? Well, lets be honest. I've never had any purpose for using this, so it's just sat in my little cup with a bunch of tiny candles on one of my desks. I decided to put this oil all over the outside of the egg's shell. I thought, "Let's see if THIS will save you. You defenseless, innocent egg. BAHAHAHA." -Ahem- Moving on, I continued outside. As I turned the lighter on, no flame. Again and again, no flame. Okay, it's out. I'll just go back inside and get another one. I always keep the same two lighters in the same spot in my room for lighting candles. The other one was missing. I couldn't find it anywhere in the house. I retried the other again, and it worked. Success! I went back outside to try again, and nothing. Frustrated, I came back inside and put the lighter up and got some matches. Nothing. Something in the world did not want this egg to be harmed. I decided, since it had worked so hard, it had earned the right to live. With this sequence of events, you can decide what protected it. ;O! Either way, since it's such a little trooper, it now gets to sit as a decoration in the egg cradle in my room and live a long, SUFFERING, life like all the rest of us. It will sit there, and it will rot into old age. How is that more appealing than being burned alive?!

No comments: